- Arborlawn UMC
- Beth-El Congregation
- Congregation Ahavath Sholom
- The Crossroads Church
- Fort Worth First Congregational, UCC
- Southcliff Baptist Church
- St. Andrew Catholic Church
- St. Stephen Presbyterian Church
- Trinity Episcopal Church
- University Baptist Church
- University Christian Church
- University United Methodist Church
- Don't see your congregation here?
- About Us
What is the109.org
What is the109.org
The109.org is a hyperlocal news website giving readers and local residents news they need to know to live, work and play in the ZIP code 76109. Features of the website include:
• News stories specific to schools, faith, government and community topics
• Community calendar
• Red light cameras database and other searchable databases
• Official photo gallery
• Story sharing opportunities
• Short news video clips
The109.org was launched in August 2010 as a means of giving the residents of the 76109 community a news source to identify with and a central location online to learn about happenings in their neighborhoods.
The109.org is an interactive news website that welcomes story ideas and feedback from local residents and readers. Readers can submit story ideas to [email protected], comment on any published story and add events to the community calendar.
The community calendar includes events varying from school PTA meetings to church activities to music festivals and concerts happening in the ZIP code 76109 and surrounding areas.
Readers can subscribe to a weekly e-mail newsletter by submitting an e-mail address on the right-side of the homepage. The newsletter highlights the top stories and calendar events of the week.
With an average of 2,500 unique visitors per month, the website has caught on with local residents and is gaining traffic weekly. Readers can connect with the109.org in other online communities including Facebook and Twitter.
The109.org is a student-run project in the Schieffer School of Journalism. TCU students enrolled in writing classes in the Schieffer School of Journalism contribute stories to the website. TCU student volunteers looking to boost their writing portfolios take story assignments as well.
Locations in the Fort Worth ZIP code 76109
Located in the south region of Fort Worth, with Texas Christian University at its heart, the ZIP code 76109 has a variety of notable locations.
Schools located in 76109 and covered by the109.org
• Alice Carlson Applied Learning Center
• Fort Worth Academy of Fine Arts
• Fort Worth Country Day
• St. Andrew Catholic School
• Tanglewood Elementary
• Texas Elementary of Arts
• W.P. McLean 6th Grade Center
• W.P. McLean Middle School
• Westcliff Elementary
Churches located in 76109 and covered by the109.org
• Arborlawn UMC
• Beth-El Congregation
• Congregation Ahavath Sholom
• The Crossroads Church
• Fort Worth First Congregational, UCC
• McKinny Memorial Bible Church
• Southcliff Baptist Church
• St. Andrew Catholic Church
• St. Stephen Presbyterian Church
• Trinity Episcopal Church
• University Baptist Church
• University Christian Church
• University United Methodist Church
Neighborhoods located in the 76109 and covered by the109.org
• Bluebonnet Hills neighborhood
• Bluebonnet Place neighborhood
• Colonial Hills neighborhood
• Foster Park neighborhood
• Frisco Heights neighborhood
• Overton Park neighborhood
• Overton West neighborhood
• Overton Woods neighborhood
• Park Hill neighborhood
• Paschal neighborhood
• Stonegate neighborhood
• Tanglewood neighborhood
• Texas Christian University District (TCU) neighborhood
• University Place neighborhood
• University West neighborhood
• Westcliff neighborhood
• Westcliff West neighborhood
Parks in the 76109
• Bayard H. Friedman Tennis Center (TCU)
• Bluebonnet Circle
• Daniel-Meyer Coliseum (TCU)
• Foster Park
• Garvey-Rosenthal Soccer Stadium (TCU)
• Hartwood Park
• Lowdon Track and Field Complex (TCU)
• Overton Park
• Rosacker Field
• Worth Hill Park
Facts about the 109
Located in the south region of Fort Worth, with Texas Christian University at its heart, the ZIP code 76109 has a lot to talk about. Here are some fast facts about people and places in the ZIP code 76109:
• The current population is approximately 24,007 residents.
• Approximately 3.6% of Fort Worth residents live in 76109.
• Approximately 88.5% of residents are homeowners.
• The average household income for the area is approximately $49,649.
• Approximately 60% of residents have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
• The median age of residents is approximately 32.9 years old.
• Approximately 3,684 residents are 65 and over.
• There are approximately 670 businesses in the area.
• Approximately 82.8% commute to work alone by vehicle.
• The local area codes are (817) or (972).
Note: Information was gathered from American FactFinder at census.gov.
Boundaries of the 109
The ZIP code 76109 area is surrounded by ZIP codes 76107, 76110, 76133, 76132 and 76116.
The boundaries run roughly from:
• 183 from Trinity River to Granbury Road
• Granbury Road from 183 to Forest Park
• The Trinity River from 183 to just past University
• Forest Park from Granbury Road to Glenco Terrace
• Park Place Avenue from Glenco Terrace to Colonial Parkway.